First: "Global Map" is a "special" map-file. It is located at "/usr/data/MapReuseNavi" on the bot. By default, the app loads this map because it shows the most recent and complete status of what the bot has learned.
I am not sure why there is a problem with the map display on your device. There are two possibilities I could imagine:
- It could be some circumstances with the bot data, which lead to a freeze/crash of the app. But this will need some further debugging.
- I checked the specs of your phone and noticed that it unfortunately is a VERY low end device. It is possible that the GPU (PowerVR SGX531u), the drivers or even the devices android-version causes issues with the map-renderer.
To verify what the problem is I need some further information:
- Does the app crash or just freeze on the map view?
- Do you get any messages when it happens? Example: ("Unfortunately app has stopped"/"Hombot Control isn't responding. Do you want to close it?")
- Is the learn mode of your bot finished? (It should say that when it starts cleaning from the base-station)
- Can you test the previous release (download here) to check if the map works in this version? (You might need to manually uninstall the app before installing the older version.)
- Do you know how to access files on your bot? (in case I need the map-file or other data)
- Do you know how to debug an android app with adb and logcat? (if not don't worry )