LG Hom-Bot VR64702LVMT + firmware ver16552

• First of all, I apologize but I don't speak any German so I will start this post in English, and provide a Google-translated version in German below.

A few days ago, I bought myself an LG Hom-Bot VR64702LVMT (ordered from the Netherlands, living in Belgium). When I received it, I got a little ahead of myself and immediately updated the firmware to version 16552 (found on the Spanish LG-site, the LG-site for Belgium and the Netherlands doesn't list this specific model). I did not realize that the wifi hack is not available yet for that version. Admittedly, I don't know what firmware version was installed originally, as I didn't know about the "blackbox-trick" at the time to find out the firmware version.

This is the blackbox-info I retrieved today:
    <PRODUCT_INFO value="2016.3.2 11:2:13"/>
    <VER_REVISION value="16552"/>
    <VER_REV_DATE value="2015/11/12 15:50:24"/>
    <VER_REPOSITORY value="http://val.lge.com/hact/svn/IT_MI_RK5/trunk/src"/>
    <VER_BOOTLOADER value="109"/>
    <VER_MAINSW value="16552"/>
    <MODEL_NO value="176"/>

I then tried to downgrade to version 13865 of the firmware by installing it the same way I originally upgraded to version 16552. The Hom-Bot gave me the same vocal feedback, including the firmware version that was installed, yet the blackbox-info I retrieved after the downgrade doesn't look any different:
    <MODEL_NO value="176"/>

Does this mean the downgrade didn't work, eventhough the Hom-Bot seemingly confirmed that it did? Does a downgrade work differently than an upgrade?
    I would go ahead and install the wifi hack, but I don't want to break my brand new Hom-Bot. I did search around this forum ALOT but not speaking any German doesn't make that easy. I did find this post where Steffi supposedly got the wifi hack to work on version 16552 but I would rather use instructions that have been tried and tested.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience but I hope someone can help me out. I would love to make my Hom-Bot wifi-capable without having to wait for an updated version of the hack to work with firmware version 16552 :jummp:

**********************************************************************************

Vor ein paar Tagen, kaufte ich mir ein LG Hom-Bot VR64702LVMT (aus den Niederlanden bestellt, die in Belgien leben). Als ich es erhielt, bekam ich ein wenig vor mir selbst und sofort die Firmware auf Version 16552 aktualisiert (auf dem spanischen LG-Website gefunden, wird der LG-Website für Belgien und die Niederlande nicht dieses spezielle Modell-Liste). Ich wusste nicht, dass das WiFi-Hack noch für diese Version nicht verfügbar ist. Zugegeben, ich weiß nicht, welche Firmware-Version ursprünglich installiert war, da ich nicht über die "Blackbox-Trick" wusste zu der Zeit die Firmware-Version zu erfahren.

Dies ist die Blackbox-Info, die ich heute abgerufen:
    <MODEL_NO value="176"/>

Ich habe dann versucht, auf Version 13865 der Firmware zu degradieren, indem sie es auf die gleiche Weise zu installieren ich ursprünglich 16552. Der Hom-Bot hat mir die gleiche Stimm Feedback zu Version aktualisiert, einschließlich der Firmware-Version, die installiert wurde, noch die Blackbox-info I abgerufen nach der Herabstufung sieht nicht anders aus:
    <MODEL_NO value="176"/>

Bedeutet dies, die Herabstufung nicht funktioniert hat, obwohl der Hom-Bot scheinbar bestätigt, dass es getan hat? Gibt es eine Herabstufung Arbeit anders als ein Upgrade?
    Ich würde gehen Sie vor und installieren Sie das WiFi-Hack, aber ich will nicht meine brandneue Hom-Bot zu brechen. Ich habe, um dieses Forum ALOT suchen, aber keine deutschsprachigen Raum nicht so einfach machen. Ich habe diesen Beitrag finden, wo Steffi angeblich die Wi-Fi-Hack bekam auf Version 16552 zu arbeiten, aber ich würde lieber Befehle verwenden, die versucht und getestet wurden.

Wieder einmal entschuldige ich mich für die Unannehmlichkeiten, aber ich hoffe, dass mir jemand helfen kann. Ich würde gerne meine Hom-Bot Wi-Fi-fähig zu machen, ohne eine aktualisierte Version des Hacks zu warten, mit der Firmware-Version zu arbeiten 16552 :jummp:

• Ok, no problem. Think you've updated and next called the blacklist-info, right ? The blacklist-info would be only refreshed after a short run, not directly after an update. So you can neither install the update and the hack in one turn because the hack check the blacklist-info for the right version - no problem, update, cruise a little and then you can start with the hack. Don't fear to brick, it's not a smartphone :)

By the way, I never said, the hack works full on 16552. For now (and forever?) it's works only with restricted functions on this version. So I made a downgrade too to get back the full functions.

• Steffi, thank you for putting me on the right track! I did downgrade the firmware and then retrieved the blackbox-info right after, which is too fast apparently. After reading your post I retrieved it again and then it looked like this:
    <VER_REVISION value="13865"/>
    <VER_REV_DATE value="2014/11/10 13:58:26"/>
    <VER_MAINSW value="13865"/>
    <MODEL_NO value="176"/>

So the downgrade was confirmed! Since then, I've installed the wifi hack successfully: the web server is up and running, and the Android app is working also. Just like you, I prefer running an older firmware with fully functional wifi and all the benefits that come with that. Eventhough the changes in the newer firmware version are unknown, I will keep my eyes open for any future hacks.

I will admit, I was worried I could potentially brick the Hom-Bot. I did that to an HTC Desire Z once :rolleyes5:

Thank you again for your help! Considering 98% of all the information about hacking LG Hom-Bots on the internet seems to be in German - a language I do not speak - troubleshooting my issue turned out to be a bit of a challenge.

Edited once, last by f@n@t!c ().

• What parts of the wifi hack don't work on firmware 16552 exactly?

Because I also bought the VR64702LVMT from the Netherlands, immediately upgraded the firmware to v16552 and installed the wifi hack a couple days later and it's been running fine for two months now, never had any problem with wifi, android app or webinterface.

• No problem with wifi hack.
    I have problems with ver16552. The cleaning process never ends.
    During the cleaning, it rotates the image 45 degrees and goes crazy trying to compose those two images :(