OZMO 930 not mapping right and losing position

• HI Henne78

Yes , I checked the LDS and cleaned around sensor and all looked OK. Thanks for the suggestion . Its really bugging me that the robot is 80% working and just this fault. Even if i could make the fault worse it might give me an idea that Im looking in the right place. Reworking and Fixing electronics I have no problem doing.

Thanks to everyone again for all your advice.

• According to your pictures, it looks like it's going to get better. Unfortunately, I have no idea what else you could try.

In my opinion, it must be due to the combination of LDS and wheel drive / wheel feedback.

You said:

I mapped a small room on Friday. 3 meter by 3 meters

Did you "build" a room like this, or did you do it with "custom cleaning"-mode (manually drawn an area with 3 x 3 meters)?

Probably the first, since you do not have a complete mapping yet. So you can try to map a complete room (maybe your manually built 3x3m) and then we can work with custom-cleaning-mode to find out, if your robot can drive a straight line in a room.

Important: The O930 must start from the charging station and return there (Like the mapping process on R95)

• Hallo zusammen,

ich hatte das gleiche Problem und bin fast wahnsinnig geworden... :cursing:

Von einen Tag auf den anderen, war die Karte voller Artefakte und der Roboter drehte sich eigentlich nur noch im Kreis.

Ausschalten, bzw. Zurücksetzen hat nichts gebracht. Aber dank des Hinweises von Channex läuft er jetzt wieder. :thumbup:

Das Rad ist zwar bei weitem nicht so einfach zu demontieren wie auf dem Video, aber nachdem ich es abgespült, abgewischt und getrocknet habe läuft er wieder ohne Probleme (ok bis jetzt noch nicht durchs ganze Haus weil der Akku leer war, aber die den Flur hat er schon sauber kartiert).

Ich weiß zwar nicht genau, wie die Umdrehungen des Rades abgefragt werden, denn ich habe keinen Sensor gesehen, aber anscheinend wird es dringend benötigt um die zusammen mit dem LDS die Bewegung im Raum erkennen.

Das konnte man auch daran sehen, dass bei der Erstellung der Karte mit verschmutzten Rad, auf einmal der Raum um ca 35° gedreht erneut gemappt wurde.

Also danke für die Hilfe! :thumbup:

Worx Landroid S

LG Hombot (Ausgeschieden)

Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 610

Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 930

• Freut mich JanFred wenn ich dir helfen konnte ;):thumbup:

• Hi Channex

Sorry for not replaying sooner. I have removed and cleaned the middle wheel. Looks fine. After I cleaned it again , I tried mapping the bedroom . Same thing. When it starts to scan the room you get good detail on the map. After a minute the map will lose some detail and then after it has about half of the room done it might start remapping part of the room again in a different direction as if it has found a new room . 

If the robot start to map a room and I send it back to the charger after a minute or two less that 5 meters square. It will go back fine. But if it has more than 7 meters square mapped and I send it back to the charger the robot has no idea where it is and will move in a different direction to where the charger is located. 

Is there a way I can try and make this worse, to confirm that it is ether the LDS or the motor sense, or even something else . Again I have no problem soldering , cutting , fixing repairing removing parts to try and fix this. 

Thanks again 

I have removed and cleaned the middle wheel. Looks fine. After I cleaned it again , I tried mapping the bedroom .

Did you also clean / check this part?

wheel_1.JPG

wheel_2.JPG

Especially the small openings / holes?

• and for your test - try to build a small passage, where the robot drives only forward without turning. Important: The built test-corridor must as high as the LDS is.

• HI Channex

So I cleaned around where you indicated in you picture, but noticed it was only two holes. So i took the robot part again . There is no sensor around the wheel just a weight above the clip holding in the bracket for the wheel. I have taken more pictures to show this. After i put it back together I made a few small rooms for the Robot. It mapped these fine and when finished moved back to the start position. I did not have the charger plugged in so it didnt save any maps.

But what i did notice is that when mapping the smaller enclosed area the robot moved slower and had no problem mapping the fake walls. When i left it map the larger room the robot moved a lot faster and lost all its detail in the map picture attached.

• More pictures

• I remember CD-Lasers are going down with power after a few years. This could be a reason with your problem. LDS is - i think is nothing other.

Maybe it helps by cleaning the lense(s).

• HI Channex

So I cleaned around where you indicated in you picture, but noticed it was only two holes. So i took the robot part again . There is no sensor around the wheel just a weight above the clip holding in the bracket for the wheel. I have taken more pictures to show this. After i put it back together I made a few small rooms for the Robot. It mapped these fine and when finished moved back to the start position. I did not have the charger plugged in so it didnt save any maps.

But what i did notice is that when mapping the smaller enclosed area the robot moved slower and had no problem mapping the fake walls. When i left it map the larger room the robot moved a lot faster and lost all its detail in the map picture attached.

Too bad...had hoped that there is still a sensor installed that records the speed or something else...

In my opinion, according to your description, it can only be the speed sensor or the LDS.

But i don't know yet how we can find the faulty one.