Wire issues

• Sorry, another boundary wire issue...

Any suggestion with these symptoms:

- intermittent, now permanent boundary wire error message

- boundary wire is ok - 4 ohm resistance

- no green light even when rewired with just a short jumper between terminals

- no loops or crossing of wires

I did a reset as suggested in the FAQ.  Strangely, I got NO green light, but it happily set off doing a border cut.  Then it stopped about 70% of the way around the boundary and gave the wire error again.

The mower works fine on the base in our other garden.

Sounds as though I need to send to Bosch.  Anything else I could try?

How do I determine whether the cause could be failed power supply to the base?  Presumably that would also result in no green light. Will the mower tell me if it has no power on the base?

Thanks

• Shortneing the two terminals won't give you green light. You should use a testinstallation with about 20m cable.

To test if the station has power you could just leave the mower docked in the station. If its battery is about fully charged after some days, the psu is OK.
    But to be honest, if there is no green light at all (not even a flashing green light which would occur at wire failure, then I guess either the dock or the psu are broken.
    I guess of course that you checked the wire between the socket and the dock. The connection is firmly closed.

Mein Mäher: Bosch Indego 1200C, seit Saison 2015 in Ostfriesland auf einer ca. 550qm großen und anspruchsvollen (weil kompliziert und uneben) Wiese im Einsatz.

• How do I determine whether the cause could be failed power supply to the base? Presumably that would also result in no green light. Will the mower tell me if it has no power on the base?

Just one more remark. usually if everything is fine with the hardware, if the mower docks (recognized by the station by the magnet in the front of the mower), the dock will disconnect current from the wire and put current on the charging terminals. For me and some other users it happened, that the mower had no contact to the charging terminals and therefore the mower didn't realize it was in the dock. After some time it reported "long time no signal from the perimeter wire" (or something like that, I don't know the exact english error text). But of course the led was permanently green.
    So maybe for one more test you can check the charging pins if there is current when you put a magnet between them.

Mein Mäher: Bosch Indego 1200C, seit Saison 2015 in Ostfriesland auf einer ca. 550qm großen und anspruchsvollen (weil kompliziert und uneben) Wiese im Einsatz.